The Woolcock Institute of Medical Research is a not-for-profit research institute which strives to improve breathing and sleep health through world-class research, clinical care and education. The Institute’s team of more than 200 medical researchers is committed to investigating the causes of disease, finding better treatments and translating discoveries into new clinical practice.
The clinical team at the Woolcock Clinic in Sydney provides the best possible care and specialised treatment plans for people with sleep and respiratory disorders.
Woolcock Vietnam tackles important health challenges in Vietnam.
Principal research areas
- Asthma and allergic rhinitis
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Sleep and cognitive decline
- Circadian rhythms
- Sleep disorders such as sleep apnea, narcolepsy and insomnia
- Respiratory and environmental epidemiology
- Airway physiology and imaging
- Respiratory cellular and molecular biology
- Tuberculosis in Australia and Vietnam
- Lung cancer
Image capture: The Woolcock Institute of Medical Research in Sydney, NSW is seeking a cure for LAM and interstitial lung diseases.
Image credit: Woolcock Institute