Mater Research is a world class institute that is committed to academic medicine and aims to discover, develop, translate, and commercialise medical research that integrates with relevant areas of excellence within clinical practice. Proud of its strong history and relationship with Mater Group, Mater Research is continuing to drive medical innovation which can be translated into clinical care for the benefit of all.
Principal research areas
- Cancer biology
- Disease prevention
- Immunity, infection & inflammation
- Metabolic & cardiovascular disease
- Biological therapies
- Musculo-skeletal & neural therapies
- Maternal & newborn health
- Growth & development
- Child & adolescent psychology
Image caption: The Mater Research building in Brisbane, Queensland.
Image credit: Mater Research